This flatbread pizza recipe is one of my favorites because it only takes two ingredients to make! If you don’t have self-rising flour, you can mix 1 cup of all-purpose flour with 1 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder. As for toppings, you can add whatever you’d really like. In this particular recipe, I used beets that I was given at a produce conference and ingredients I had in my garden and refrigerator. I love the pairing of the sweet and earthy beets with the fresh mint and salty gorgonzola.
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1 cup sliced LoveBeets
- 1/2 jalapeño, minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Gorgonzola crumbles
- 2 tablespoons chiffonaded mint
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using the olive oil, grease a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and yogurt. Mix until it forms a ball. Divide the ball in half and place on a flat, floured surface. Roll out the balls to form small, circular pizzas. Place on greased baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of each pizza and lightly spread it with fingers.
- Using a microplane, grate one clove of garlic onto each dough. Spread the garlic on top of the dough with a butter knife.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of both pizzas.
- Arrange beet slices on each pizza. Add minced jalapeño to both pizzas. Sprinkle Gorgonzola on both pizzas.
- Bake for 20 minutes. When the flatbread pizzas come out and have cooled slightly, sprinkle the chiffonade of mint.
Copyright © 2019 ChefEliana.com All Rights Reserved.