Jump to recipe
I once attended a produce conference and was given these deliciously infused beets to try. Although they were great by themselves, I wanted to create something with the beets. Usually, beets are seen in savory dishes so I decided to switch things up and make a dessert. The beets also give the muffins a pretty pink color!
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 6.5-oz. pkg. honey and ginger infused Love Beets, puréed
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Using non-stick cupcake/muffin liners, line a muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and brown sugar.
- In a separate small bowl, beat milk, egg, and vegetable oil.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour the liquid mix into the well. Using a handmixer, mix until combined. Add puréed beets and ginger paste. Fold in crystallized ginger.
- Place 2 tablespoons of muffin mixture into each muffin liner. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 400 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes, until golden brown.
© 2023 Copyright © 2019 ChefEliana.com All Rights Reserved.