I love making frittatas for breakfast because they’re fast and easy. I usually add produce from my garden, which is how I invented this one. If you want meat in your frittata, try adding sausage crumbles, rendered bacon, or chopped ham. Have fun creating different combinations using ingredients you already have in your kitchen!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 banana peppers, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In an iron skillet, sauté the onions for 5 minutes, until translucent. Stir in the garlic, banana peppers, jalapeño, and herbs and sauté for two more minutes.
- Pour in the eggs and add salt and grated Parmesan, stirring back and forth until the outer edges start to firm up.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Garnish with chopped herbs and Parmesan cheese before serving.
Copyright © 2019 ChefEliana.com All Rights Reserved.