I went to my local Asian market and discovered these green Thai eggplants! I had never seen them before, so I brought them home to cook. I used other ingredients I had on hand in my kitchen to make this Roasted Green Thai Eggplant and Tomatoes as a side dish. If you wanted to make this a main dish instead, you could serve it over rice because it becomes stew-like since the tomatoes and eggplants release a lot of liquid when roasted.
- 3 cup quartered green Thai eggplants
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- Pinch pepper
- Thai basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium casserole dish, mix tomato, onion, and garlic, olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Cover and roast for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with Thai basil leaves.
© 2021 Copyright © 2019 ChefEliana.com All Rights Reserved.