Autumn is near, temperatures are cooling, and fall colors will start to show soon. A bowl of hearty stew is excellent comfort food to enjoy with family and friends, this time of year. Snuggle up with a blanket and a bowl. This Sage Pork and Pepper Stew has such wonderful savory flavors culminating together into a delicious dinner time meal.
- 3 lbs. pork stew meat
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1 tbsp. Spice It Up! Creole seasoning
- 2 strips thick-sliced bacon, chopped or 4 slices thin bacon, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. pineapple sage (or regular sage), roughly chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeño, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 8 c. chicken stock
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 tri-color bell peppers, cut into bite size chunks
- Salt to taste
- In a large zip top bag, shake pork, flour, and Spice It Up! Creole seasoning, completely coating all the pork.
- In a large sauce pot, render bacon until crispy. Remove bacon.
- Add pork to bacon fat and brown meat. Once pork is browned, remove from pot.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to pot and sauté onions until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add pork back into pot. Add sage, jalapeño, oregano, thyme, Italian seasoning, paprika, and cumin. Cook for 1 minute more then add bacon, and chicken stock. Stir all ingredients together and then add celery and bell peppers.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 2 hours.
© 2020 Copyright © 2019 ChefEliana.com All Rights Reserved.